Department of Information & Communication Engineering
Welcome to Department of Information&Communication Engineering
- At the Dept. of ICE, we provide a set of specialized engineering tracks for fulfillment of the regional and the national industrial needs; Multimedia Signal Processing, Networking, Mobile Communications, Embedded Systems and Software Engineering.
- We have been actively participating in the national engineering innovation programs, such as BK21, NURI, NEXT, ITRC, BK21+, CK-1, etc.
- Our faculty members have strong industrial and research backgrounds, having experiences in the world renowned leading companies and the national research labs.
- Course Offerings: digital signal processing, multimedia signal processing, multimedia communications, data communications, computer networks I&II, communication engineering, mobile communications, wireless communications, microcomputer, embedded software systems, System-on-chip, etc.
Our Educational Vision
- We prepare students to be leading engineers with the right combination of engineering skill and knowledge both in the basic engineering fields and our specialized engineering tracks.
- We aim to deliver the next generation of information&communication engineering professionals with the strong capabilities in designing and implementing the hardware/software systems of the ever-growing information technology industry.
- With the increasingly sophisticated and globally competitive job markets, we are training students to have a strong communication skill and a leadership.
- Strong industrial needs for the core areas of the future Ubiquitous era.
- Cutting-edge academic fields suitable for the advance degree programs.
- Job markets:
- Leading companies (Samsung, LG, SKT, etc.)
- Venture industries
- Graduate school and studying abroad
- Academic fields
- National research labs, etc.
- ICE Day: Student orientation (twice a year)
- HowTo: Student organization for studying computer networking systems
- IT's: Student organization for studying mobile communication systems
- International exchange program: Our department provides student and faculty exchange programs with Tohoku University, Japan, University of Miyazaki, Japan, etc.